about the company COMPANY HISTORY

We are a construction company with a rich tradition and history dating back to 1945. We successfully co-create the landscape of the Tri-City and the coastal region of the Gulf of Gdańsk.

scroll

1945
1945

Birth of 'Gdańska Przemysłówka'

A branch of the Social Building Company was established in Sopot, which after six years moved its headquarters over the Motława River and changed its name to Gdańskie Przemysłowe Zjednoczenie Budowlane. On the initiative of the engineers and construction professionals who came to the coast, the reconstruction of the coast's key industrial facilities began.

1950-1959
1950-1959

Reconstruction of the Gdańsk Coast from war damage and the first foreign contracts.

With nearly 5000 employees, the company has become the general contractor for industrial facilities in the region. Key projects from those years: Elevator of The Polish Grain Works in Gdańsk, Dairy Plant in Wrzeszcz, Gdańsk Shipyard, Shipyard of Gdańsk, The Komuna Paryska shipyard in Gdynia and the Railway Repair Plant in Gdansk ensured the company's dynamic growth. Orders flowed not only from Polish, from such cities as Słupsk, Tczew, Starogard Gdański and Lębork, but also such distant countries as Korea and Vietnam.

1958
1958

Innovation: the first pillarless warehouse in Poland

We were the first in Poland to build for the Port of Gdynia Authority a prototype pillarless warehouse with cable-concrete girders with a span of 49 m and a weight of 30 tons. There was a public demonstration of compression and lifting of girders.

1960-1969

Construction in the region and abroad - new production plants, expansion of previously completed facilities on the Coast, and constructions in Algeria and Kuwait.

1958
1958

Innovation: Poland's first dry dock for Gdynia Shipyard

1967
1967

The company's record - over 70 projects completed in one year.

Gdańsk Industrial Construction Company (GPBP) has commissioned as many as 73 facilities. Most of them were carried out in Gdańsk Pomerania but there were also constructions in such cities as Tczew, Koszalin, Kwidzyn, and even foreign investments.

1971
1971

Innovation: the skyscraper 'Zieleniak'

The 17-storey skyscraper in the centre of Gdańsk was built for the Central Construction and Research Centre of the Shipbuilding Industry. Construction began with the erection of two pillars, which were then connected by floors. They were created, unlike other constructions, from the highest to the lowest floors. After the completion of the skyscraper, both pillars were transformed into staircases. It is so far the only such construction in the country.

1970-1979
1970-1979

Key industrial investments in Gdansk: Northern Port, Sulfur Transhipment Base ''Siarkopol', Heat and Power Plant EC II, Northern Shipyard and Wisła Shipyard.

1970-1979
1970-1979

Diplomas of recognition of the Presidium of the Council of Ministers and the title of 'the Best' for the GPBP team

Employees of our company develop 17 technological innovations patented in the Patent Office of the People's Republic of Poland. They received state decorations and numerous awards for projects that improve construction work and reduce production costs.

1970-1979
1970-1979

Construction of a housing estate 'Chełm' for 220 000 inhabitants

1970-1979
1970-1979

Gdansk Oil Refinery

1970-1979

Gdańsk Fosforen Fertiliser Plants, Kwidzyn Pulp and Paper Mill, 'Zamech' Foundry in Elbląg, Gdansk Baking Plants

1980-1989
1980-1989

Foreign contracts

Many employees of Gdańsk Przemysłówka worked on construction sites in Iraq as part of the 'Electrification of 6 districts of Baghdad' program. The 80s also saw contracts in Germany, the construction of the 'Połock' and 'Surdut' oil pipelines in Belarus and Lithuania (then the USSR), the air station in Moscow and the cement plant in Libya.

1987
1987

Westerplatte

Construction of a papal altar at Westerplatte to mark the pilgrimage of John Paul II to his homeland. A year later, GPBP took care of the revitalization of the Westerplatte area for the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the outbreak of World War II.

1990-1999

PRZEM-BUD – transformation

1997
1997

Privatization of the company, change of name to PRZEMBUD GDAŃSK S.A. and entry into the EXBUD Kielce capital group.

Dynamic Gdańsk Przemysłówka survived the turmoil of political transformation in Poland and as a company called Przembud Gdańsk continued its work in the 90s. The successes of those years were Lech Wałęsa Gdansk Airport, investments at the Medical Academy and the first halls of private shopping centers, and 'the Construction of the Year' award.

2000

Modernization of the Gdańsk Refinery – Hydrocracking Installation

2001

Wholesale hall 'Rabat Pomorze'

2003

Petrol stations in Gdańsk and Olsztyn

2004

MOSIR swimming pool in Gdańsk Chełm

2005
2005

Library of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Gdańsk

Celebration of the 60th anniversary of the company's existence. Publication of a chronicle of the history of the establishment and activity of PRZEMBUD GDAŃSK S.A. by Jerzy Czaplicki and Jerzy Góralski.

2006

Housing estate Zielone Wzgórze in Gdańsk, Residential building TBS Motława.

2007

Institute of Oceanology of Polish Academy of Science

2009
2009

10+ Programme - modernization and expansion of the Gdańsk Refinery

2009
2009

Business Gazelle.

PRZEMBUD GDAŃSK S.A. receives from the Puls Biznesu magazine the prestigious title of Business Gazelle, awarded to the most dynamically developing medium-sized companies.

2010
2010

Centre for Invasive Medicine of the Medical University of Gdańsk

2011
2011

Olivia Business Center

2012
2012

GBT Bulk Terminal at the Port of Gdansk, Expansion of Gdansk airport.

2013
2013

Fisherman's Settlement

2014
2014

High Storage Warehouse and Shot Warehouse in the Port of Gdynia

2017
2017

70th anniversary

QUICK CONTACT CONTACT DATA

Address:
ul. Litewska 15,
80-719 Gdańsk

Contact:
58 326 48 20
przembud@przembud.pl

Contact details